Senior Catering Manager
Working together, supporting your team, reaching for the best in a high-volume, high-paced environment is second nature to you.
*RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE*
Sodexo is seeking a Senior Catering Manager at Howard University in Washington, DC.
The successful candidate will:
- possess strong sales knowledge and the ability to create catering guides;
- ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- strong financial acumen to meet budgeting goals and targets;
- educate and develop rapport with clients and promote partnerships;
- promote a customer/client-centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs;
- maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction;
- ensure all HAACP standards are followed; and/or
- demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- Have a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- Manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Extensive formal training in Catering services, with particular emphasis on customer service, event planning and presentation, and event management
- Strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high-end catering experience
- Strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge, and food/beverage cost controls.
- Experience in diverse culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety, and sanitation
- Technical competence in unit financial management, pricing, menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of front-line hourly employees and managers.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and vendors.
- Effective communication skills and will be able to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all levels of client and Sodexo's organizations.
- Exceptional time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to enhance the learning environment on campus through world-class food service
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo's strategic plan.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in catering, food production, or food service management or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.