Senior Director, Commercial Finance & Pricing
Sodexo’s Schools Segment is seeking a Senior Director, Commercial Finance & Pricing
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside on the East Coast or Central region of the U.S.
The Senior Director, Commercial Finance & Pricing will be responsible for partnering with members of the Schools Commercial Finance team, Sales, and operations to provide costing/pricing analytics for competitive business bids that are within the scope and service level agreements of the Schools Commercial Finance team. This role is part of a team that supports the competitive business development process within North America by compiling & analyzing relevant information, conducting analysis and providing insight and recommendations regarding the operating cost structure for new and rebid business opportunities in order to develop the pro-forma used to ultimately price Sodexo’s proposed solution. This team’s work is essential to formulating proposed deal structure, contract terms and pricing for competitive business development proposals.
This role prepares the cost analysis for complex, high risk competitive business development proposals, where the cost structure includes multiple tier rates, and multiple services outlets where there is a high degree of financial consequence to Sodexo associated with inaccurate costing analytics. This role ensures that the pro-forma developed reflects operating assumptions that are consistent with the business conditions, key business performance drivers and assumptions for assigned business development processes. This position obtains appropriate information and data, and uses knowledge of the industry, Sodexo’s business operating model, advanced levels of operational experience, and analytics to provide costing recommendations that are ultimately incorporated into the overall deal and pricing structure for competitive business development proposals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly supervises & manages the team of Senior Managers, assigns & allocates work based on resourcing needs, sets & measures performance objectives for the SM’s.
- Conducts business costing analysis and provides insight and recommendations regarding the operating cost structure for complex, high risk competitive business development proposals where the cost structure includes multiple tier rates, and multiple services outlets where there is a high degree of financial consequence to Sodexo associated with inaccurate costing analytics.
- Utilizes Sodexo internal operating data, personal experience and understanding of Sodexo’s business models, competitor knowledge and industry benchmarks to conduct a thorough analysis and to provide optimal, competitive, and realistic costing structure recommendations for the deal structure and pricing process.
- Participates in the development and ongoing improvement of costing tools and resources
- Presents pro-formas to Sales, Operations and Segment teams and reviews them to facilitate understanding and to drive confidence in the models developed.
- Supports the review process to ensure that reliable and accurate costing data is consistently used in the business development process
- Create detail memos for the senior leadership team to summarize different components of the deal.
- 10 years in Commercial Finance
- Proven experience analyzing a variety of operating unit cost structures for complex, high risk competitive business development proposals over $10M+, where the cost structure includes multiple tier rates, and multiple services outlets where there is a high degree of financial consequence to Sodexo associated with inaccurate costing analytics.
- BS Degree in Finance, Business, or a related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including communicating at all levels of the organization and with Senior Leadership
- Strong knowledge of complex multi-unit factors that impact cost structure, particularly for highly complex, high risk competitive business development situations, typically larger than $10M+.
- Experience in Contract Food and Facilities Management areas
- Advanced analytical and advisory skills including the ability to obtain and review data to make recommendations to improve profitability of operating units
- Advanced spread sheet software skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple issues / individuals at same time
- Ability to handle a high amount of stress related to the business environment.
- Strong presentation skills – the ability to be able to interact with both external and internal customers and effectively communicate thoughts and ideas
- Strong interpersonal skills – be able to effectively work with Sales, Operations, Segment and Business Analyst team members
- Strong influencing skills – the ability to prompt member of Sales, Finance, and Operations to accept proposed pro-forma recommendations
- 10% travel
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo’s Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer executive careers that lead our business in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Personal and Home Health Services, Senior Living, Sports and Leisure, and Benefits and Reward Services. Positions are located across the United States. Continue your search for Executive positions.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Develops pricing strategies to meet customers' needs while providing a profit for the organization. Determines core business costs of service in support of pricing/tariff development. Designs, implements and maintains pricing infrastructures. Evaluates effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures as needed. Provides reporting and documentation of pricing structures and serves as the point-of-contact for pricing inquiries from internal sales department, but not customers. Provides leadership to managers (or individual contributors where oversight is of large, complex support, production or operations function). Has accountability for the performance and results of multiple related units. Develops departmental plans, including business, production, operational and/or organizational priorities. Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility. Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 10 years
Basic Functional Experience - 10 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $124,600 to $188,760/year
$124600 to $188760
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 968023