Senior Manager 2, Segment Finance
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Senior Manager 2, Segment Finance to join our team in the Maryland, DC area for to support the MedStar business. This opportunity will support this Multi Site Healthcare system. 50% virtual support with geographic presence in MD/DC market. This position will be responsible for 10 hospitals ranging in size from 100 beds to 900 beds. Functions as a resource for GM's to support with financial objectives and development of financial acumen.
You must live in and or near Maryland, DC or Virginia.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations our Unit Controller will have financial oversight and financial reporting responsibilities for the Food and Nutrition Services within the system. Knowledge of health care food service operations, procedures and systems strongly preferred. Position will provide unit financial support for daily labor, weekly flash projections, participation in final budget reviews, forecast updates, period close, and ad hoc reporting for this system.
Primary responsibilities of the Unit Controller include:
- Prepares and analyzes all financial reports each week.
- Provides regular direction to Managers, Chefs and Operations Managers regarding financial standings. Assists and communicates with District Manager regularly.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a high pressure environment are key in this role
- Will support Managers for Food and Environmental Services to analyze month-end reporting, provide variance explanations and corrective action plans as needed, annual budgeting and monthly re-forecasting.
- Conducts meetings with GM’s to review all areas; food and supply cost reductions, labor and OT optimization and generation of retail sales.
- Holds team accountable for Sodexo-specific tools needed to manage business including Food Management Systems (FMS) The Market Connection programs (TMC) and Operational Metric Dashboards (OMD).
- Initiates and follows up on cost reduction strategies with management team.
- Conducts routine audits of inventory and cash handling practices. Trains managers on Sodexo financial systems.
Prior Unit Controller experience in a large/contract dining environment is preferred
- Experience supporting and training unit operators on various finance procedures including flash projections, forecasting, budget process, and various Sodexo reporting tools;
- Mastery level experience in Excel, Word, PowerPoint & computer skills;
- Experience with budget model, forecast model
- Strong contract skills a plus
- Knowledge of E-vision, Unit Financial System (UFS);
- Able to support the Food Management System (FMS).
Strong customer service and organizational skills are needed for this fast paced, dynamic accounting position. The ability to communicate effectively with the food and nutrition team and key client contacts is essential.
Click here to learn more about MedStar Health
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work in Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status as required by applicable law and/or client requirements.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.