Senior Manager, Health & Safety
Are you seeking a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to make a difference?
Sodexo Energy & Resources is seeking a Senior Manager, Health & Safety. The ideal candidate will be located in Houston, TX, or in the Greater New Orleans, LA area. This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Operations for Energy & Resources.
This Senior HSE Manager will provide direct oversight and support for Energy & Resources business operations. The primary purpose of this position is to provide innovative Health, Safety, & Environment (HSE) support to over 20 locations on and offshore within the Sodexo Energy & Resources segment, this role will require 30-50% travel. A major function of this role is to integrate safety into the organization's culture, produce safe environments for our employees, and clients, and manage key performance indicators to drive strong business results.
- Interact with multiple key clients within the segment;
- Assess health and safety risks associated with equipment, processes, and facilities;
- Identify and address potential hazards that may cause injury, illness, or property damage;
- Ensure compliance with internal audit process;
- Validate compliance with applicable Federal and State occupational health and safety regulations;
- Follow-up on investigating legal matters as directed by the legal department;
- Supports all business segments on all OSHA and other regulatory inspections and citations. Ensures abatement of regulatory violations, key participant at informal and contesting stages, and determines settlements;
- Determine accident causative factors and facilitate appropriate remedial actions;
- Provide training to employees and managers with the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize hazards and perform their jobs safely and effectively;
- Advise and assist operational managers to establish safety objectives, plan programs to achieve those objectives;
- Track the execution of activities to achieve safety objectives that mitigate insurance cost;
- Conduct risk assessments for new business;
- Supports new account openings, involved in business reviews;
- Assist with crisis management; and/or
- Communicate Health and Safety related matters throughout the segment.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, healthcare and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for Health & Safety segment support, deployment, compliance, incident investigation, and training in the assigned Zone. Health & Safety includes all safety disciplines, such as environment, health and safety, food safety, and product quality assurance.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of related experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.