Senior Manager, Merchandising (Food & Beverage)
Sodexo Live! has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Merchandising (Food & Beverage)! This is a virtual role with the preferred candidate residing in Dallas, TX or in a neighboring central time zone. Travel to airport lounge locations estimated between 40-60%.
The Senior Manager, Merchandising serves as a subject matter expert for the Sky Team Alliance in all things relating to merchandising standards, practices, including presenting food, beverage and amenity programs to support client and brand expectations, drive guest satisfaction, cultivate cutting-edge innovative design, develop appearance and guest experience strategies that are easily executable and consistent.
- Provide expert advice and guidance relating to standards and practices for food and beverage merchandising: Smallwares/wares strategy, selection, and inventory management, design and produce customer brand signage packages;
- Provide direction and support to operational teams through creation of buffet and station layouts (plan-o-grams), communicate and memorialize collateral, and provide merchandising support to existing and prospective clients;
- Manage displays, product, and merchandising for retail, consumer, and promotional products;
- Incorporate plans, procedures, and strategies into daily operations;
- Collaborate with the purchasing team to successfully onboard new products and discontinue products to ensure proper product selection for the customer. Responsible for making decisions related to stocking, pricing and presenting goods for airport lounges. Analyze inventory and usage data to determine par levels, and procurement and distribution processes. Identify optimal vendors and make wise purchasing decisions by identifying and working with reliable vendors who can most successfully fulfill product needs. Oversee the buying process, forecast inventory demands and trends, and negotiate with suppliers;
- Support with deployment of account business plans to enhance customer service, buffet/facility layout and design, account profitability and retention, and client and customer satisfaction. Provide initial design consulting and conceptual design services to internal and external clients. Support the implementation of new unit openings, including the development and administration of training plans;
- Supports the sales process by assisting with operations and costing analyses, and by providing technical support in the development of service proposals;
- Ensure portfolio meets specific targets for implementation of purchasing/product compliance and product rationalization.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are effective with communication within all levels of Sodexo and Client organizations;
- Have a well-rounded operations background within an upscale or premium portfolio of business;
- Present with a well-rounded background in banquet, event or conference center food and beverage operations;
- Have proven organizational skills across multiple categories of suppliers, ordering process, inventory assessment, product displays, operational processes;
- Provide independent leadership to deliver results in a fast-paced and dynamic arena while staying focused and delivering on established timelines.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Serves as a subject matter expert for the Division relating to standards and practices for food production, delivery and culinary services. Typically aligned with a Senior Vice President or Vice President and supports that geography.
-Ensures compliance with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of standards and other regulatory requirements, as well as with Sodexo's templates and standards for customer service. Provide expert advice and guidance relating to standards and practices for food production, delivery, inventory management, and culinary services. Provide operational support to existing and prospective client accounts.
-Support a Division with deployment of account business plans to enhance customer service, facility layout and design, account profitability and retention, and client and customer satisfaction. Provide initial design consulting and conceptual design services to internal and external clients. Support the implementation of new unit openings, including the development and administration of training plans.
-Supports the sales process by assisting with operations and costing analyses, and by providing technical support in the development of service proposals. Ensure that area meets specific targets for reduction of food cost through implementation of food production systems and purchasing compliance.
Ensure that area meets specific targets for implementation of purchasing/product compliance and product rationalization.
-Lead the installation of the Food Management Process.
Train others following the installation of the Food Management Process to reinforce new management behaviors. Communicate the Division’s retail strategy and provide input to area leadership on its implementation within a region. Conduct unit operational assessments and financial analyses. Visit and inspect current accounts, providing objective feedback based on operational standards and ensure contractual and regulatory compliance. Recommends changes in operations based on standards, identify appropriate resources, and assist in implementation plans. Conduct inspection tours of facilities to provide information needed to develop a proposal for prospective clients.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.