Senior Manager, Pre-Construction Management
Sodexo is seeking a Senior Manager of Pre-Construction with a focus on solutioning construction projects for our Service Operations group. The is a virtual position which requires travel. This role requires strong technical/engineering skills with experience leading preconstruction efforts for both foodservice and infrastructure projects.
The successful candidate must have thorough technical understanding of institutional, and commercial energy systems, be knowledgeable of new and current technologies and trends, provide clear written and verbal communication to clients, and be able to work independently. Experience in architectural engineering (including MEP) and project development is required.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Lead and direct energy and construction solutions for the North American Service Operations.
- Lead the construction and renovation initiatives for both foodservice and infrastructure projects across all market segments.
- Provide technical engineering sales support across Sodexo’s portfolio of energy and construction clients.
- Responsible for maintaining excellent customer relationships, Sodexo investment capital planning and budgeting, developing construction and engineering solutions, sales support, proposal development, and client retention.
- Provide customized technical engineering services to help drive energy and construction solutions to our clients.
- Collaborate with other Sodexo resources to implement best practices for consideration by other Sodexo clients
- Thorough experience in constructability and budgetary costing of energy conservation measures to be implemented
- Establish a positive rapport with Sodexo client management to deliver high value engagements
- Perform special projects as required by our management or clients
- Establish project timelines / schedules to meet client deadlines and expectations.
- Lead project team meetings (virtually) throughout the preconstruction efforts
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical or Electrical
- 7-9 years of experience in mechanical, electrical, plumbing design systems, or construction management activities especially focused on pre-construction services.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or equivalent Certification is preferred
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) license preferred
- Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred
- Ability to generate audit reports and communicate findings and recommendations in a professional and technically sound written and verbal manner
- Working knowledge of building automation and control systems
- Ability to conduct presentations to a client
- Knowledge of multiple Energy Conservations Measures (ECM’s) to include; HVAC, lighting systems, mechanical and refrigeration systems
- Advanced computer knowledge - to include the ability to navigate through Microsoft Word, Power-Point and Excel applications and the Internet
- Ability to create and manage project timelines in Microsoft Project
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering-based building drawings
- Excellent self-leadership, interpersonal communication skills, and cultural sensitivity with the ability to effectively and tactfully interact with individuals at all levels of the company
- Ability to travel to support business needs
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer executive careers that lead our business in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Personal and Home Health Services, Senior Living, Sports and Leisure, and Benefits and Reward Services. Positions are located across the United States.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Management Experience - 5 years supervisory experience in construction or engineering related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $95,400 to $144,210/year
$95400 to $144210
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 969875