Senior Supply Management
Are you seeking a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to make a difference?
Sodexo is currently in search of a Senior Supply Manager professional to join our team. This role is responsible for the strategic sourcing and category management of the food service and facilities disposables categories.
The ideal candidate should possess a supply management background, strong negotiation skills, ability to manage an RFP process and communicate within all levels of the organization. Demonstrated experience in the disposables category highly preferred.
This is a remote position, preference is for a candidate who resides within the DC, MD, Northern VA area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of procurement practices with expertise in sourcing for managed categories, budgeting and forecasting of supply chain revenue, analysis of spend to identify opportunities within non-contracted areas and ensuring a strategic sourcing process is fully implemented across all categories.
- Lead Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Pricing (RFP) events, including preparation of bids, evaluation of bid proposals, and pricing negotiations.
- Collaborate with leaders across all levels of organizations to identify opportunities for collaborative development of products and/or services that yield cost savings and revenue generation.
- Negotiate Supplier Agreements that deliver value to market segments, including best price, service, quality and conditions, while also aligning to the organizational goals.
- Manage supplier relationships through quarterly Business Reviews to ensure compliance with supply agreement terms and conditions and to strategize on new opportunities that deliver value to the organization.
- Develop procurement programs that support Sodexo’s corporate initiatives including Supplier Diversity and “Better Tomorrow” sustainability goals.
- Supports operational market segments with cost reduction strategies; unit openings and closings; implementation of supply chain programs and resolution of program challenges.
Candidates should possess the follow qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental supply chain theories, principles and concepts.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with disposables contracts
- Significant, broad knowledge and technical expertise in the managed categories to achieve results.
- Understanding of commodity and market indices that drive the cost basis in the manufacture of category products managed by the position.
- Understanding of contract terms, including but not limited to Insurance and Indemnification, termination clauses, audit provisions, and federal law.
- Significant knowledge of RFI and RFP processes, and detailed scope of work generation to ensure an accurate bid response from qualified bidding parties.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture strong strategic supplier relationships that benefit the purchaser and the supplier
- Intermediate/Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity and/or experience with Power BI strongly desired
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living, and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent, and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring, and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for the execution of category strategies while maintaining compliance to company policy and standards and mitigating all risk. Engages the different stakeholders within the country to collaboratively develope categories through implementation of vendor contracts. Plays an active role in developing the category strategies. Leads the negotiation and management of national contracts for specific product lines. Identifies opportunities for reducing the total cost of product to the segments. Seeks direction from Category Directors, Segments, on purchasing strategies to be employed . Manages contracts with multiple manufacturers as delegated. Under general supervision, manages the entire process to solicit and analyze competitive proposals or bids, including Request for Proposal (RFP) process, financial analysis, solicitation of input from the segments, engagement of the program activation team for the award and communication throughout the organization.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $71,900 to $132,990/year
$71900 to $132990
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 968312