Senior Vice President, Canada Operations
Job Listing: Senior Vice President, Canada Operations
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Senior Vice President of Operations for Canada.
Preferably reside in Toronto or Vancouver.
The Senior Vice President, Operations, Canada will be responsible for leading all activities and teams for Sodexo Live! Canada. Leading the business to achieve economic and commercial performance and managing talent in scope. Reports to the CEO, Sodexo Live! North America. Leads the team to deliver on our Quality-of-Life positioning and achieve a safe working environment that meets or exceeds economic and commercial performance targets. Develop and implement the segment strategy within the division and more widely in the region to deliver sustainable, profitable growth and value for Sodexo clients and our business. Manage and develop the division talent in collaboration with HR and segment leadership.
- Oversees annual revenues of $90M and 15 accounts of 3 sub-segments: Convention and Conference Centers, Stadia and Arenas, Cultural Destinations across Canada.
- Assists operations team in achieving annual business plan targets and are instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications in order to strengthen Sodexo Live!'s operations infrastructure and to position each business unit for continued success.
- Promotes a performance culture through leadership, planning and goal setting. Has a strong track record of achievement getting results through others. Is a strong leader and developer of talent. As well as sets expectations, provides tools, and mentors teams.
- Leads teams in negotiating contract renewals and new business opportunities for Canada.
- Creates and proactively works on the web of influence and engages with other to drive progress. Excellent in building client relationships to position Sodexo Live! for ongoing success. Builds and maintains positive, sustainable relationships with venue clients and other external stakeholders.
- Identifies and acts on market industry drivers that impact existing services and proactively recommend changes or improvements.
- Drives, reviews, and continuously improves governance in place. Ensure barriers are removed, and focus is on actions and accountability.
- Ensures competitive watch and identify early market trends.
- Personally demonstrates role-model behaviors aligned with the Sodexo Group values (Service Spirit, Team Spirit, and Spirit of Progress) and ethical principles (Loyalty, Respect for People, Transparency, Business integrity).
- Has up to six direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Masters preferred.
- 10+ years of experience of both management and functional experience.
- Is resilient and self-confident in complex business situations and is resourceful, finding ways to get things done.
- Continuously stretches goals for themselves and others and is not afraid to take on bigger challenges.
- Demonstrated experience (10+ years) in leading operations teams, with a preference to candidates who have led teams in the markets we serve.
- Deep experience in B2B4C services industry with deep understanding of client relationships.
- Leadership skills to interact with all levels of the organization. Strong track record of achieving results through others. Seen as a role model.
- Is self-confident and resilient in complex situations and can continue to drive progress despite obstacles.
- A leader who is self-aware, shows empathy and can quickly pivot when facing adversity.
- Leverages the web of influence to drive progress.
- Ability to find innovative ways of solving and/or anticipating problems.
- Strong culture of team support/teamwork.
- Global mindset, international experience and/or exposure, but good understanding of the Canada market.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other applicable Provincially protected status.