Server at The Conference Center at Waltham Woods
Job Listing: Server
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking a Server for The Conference Center at Waltham Woods located in Waltham, MA.
The Conference Center at Waltham Woods is located in the Massachusetts Medical Society building off of 128/95 in Waltham. We service mostly corporate and association meetings, trainings and receptions.
A Server is responsible for providing fast and efficient service to customers. They will serve a variety of pre-made or made fresh-to-order snacks, beverages and entrée items from Sodexo Live!'s Quick Serve menu. Style of service may be either grab-and-go, restaurant-style or in-seat service format.
The Server may work at various locations throughout venue decks and concourses, including mobile stands, permanent stand fixtures or cafes/bistros. They may handle monetary transactions and are responsible for maintaining Sodexo Live!'s standards for cleanliness and sanitation.
- Provide outstanding service to all Quick Serve customers.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer sales transactions are adhered to.
- Ensure quality and safety standards are maintained.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- TIPS or TEAM trained or equivalent.
- Of age to sever alcoholic beverages, based on state requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations, to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to utilize a calculator, change counters and manually count and accurately make change for transactions involving large sums of money.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work well in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who typically visit the work location.
- Technology aptitude for working with POS and digital register.
- Strong skills for providing guest service with keen ability to connect easily with customers.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.