Sous Chef - Canada
- 17-Jul-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- Banff Sunshine Village
- Banff, AB, CAN
- 30 per hour
- Full-Time Seasonal
Job Listing: Sous Chef
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Sous Chef for our Banff Sunshine Village operation in Banff, Alberta.
Hourly: $30 CAD
Banff Sunshine Village's unique location will make you feel miles away from civilization, even though you're only a 15-minute drive from the town of Banff. We are located 7,200 feet high on the Continental Divide, in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Our three mountains offer vast terrain, and will wow you with 360 degrees of uninterrupted mountain views. Banff Sunshine provides terrain suitable for skiers and snowboarders of all ability levels. You can even ski two provinces (Alberta and British Columbia) in one run! Skiers and snowboarders love Sunshine for our snow and our extra long winter. Our seven month ski season stretches from early November until late May, making us the longest non-glacial ski season in Canada.
The Sous Chef is the first level of management in a Sodexo Live! commercial kitchen. The Sous Chef assures that foods are prepared using fundamental cooking techniques, seasoned for maximum taste and flavor, and served in an aesthetically pleasing manner.
The Sous Chef directs all aspects of foodservice production and service, ensuring that approved food safety and sanitation guidelines are followed. The Sous Chef directly supervises the preparation and production of the unit's menus and manages a shift or station in the hot kitchen, the cold kitchen and/or the bakery and pastry shop.
The Sous Chef is responsible for training, mentoring and helping to develop other Culinarians, and for monitoring and organizing the flow of activity within the kitchen in a way that complements and supports the overall operation.
- Participate as part of Culinary Leadership Team to manage a culinary department for the preparation of foods served to the customers in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ensure Kitchen Safety and Sanitation conforms to all Sodexo Live!, regulatory, and governmental standards to provide a safe workplace producing high quality food products.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 2 years in a food preparation position.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program.
- ACF Professional Certification.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Job Status: Full Time,Seasonal
Job Reference #: 2980053