Sous Chef - Concessions at Hard Rock Stadium
- 30-Jun-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- Hard Rock Stadium
- Miami Gardens, FL, USA
- 60000-70000 per year
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Job Listing: Concessions Chef
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking an experienced Concessions Sous Chef for the Hard Rock Stadium.
Hard Rock Stadium will be a global entertainment destination which is the home of the Miami Dolphins, University of Miami football team, Orange Bowl, Formula 1 Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix, Miami Open, Super Bowl LIV and the 100th anniversary of the NFL, international soccer and a host of world-class events. It was designed to embrace all that South Florida has to offer, while providing unparalleled live experiences.
The Concessions Sous Chef is part of the operations management team in a Sodexo Live! This position will be driving our fast food and upscale Concessions culinary department. Chef assures that foods are prepared using fundamental cooking techniques.
The Concessions Sous Chef directs all aspects of foodservice production and service, ensuring that approved food safety and sanitation guidelines are followed within our Concessions department and beyond. The Concessions Sous Chef directly supervises the preparation and production of the unit's menus and manages all relate kitchen.
The Concessions Sous Chef is responsible for training, mentoring, and helping to develop other Culinarians, and for monitoring and organizing the flow of activity within the kitchen in a way that complements and supports the overall operation.
- Assists the Chef's with managing cost controls and control expenditures for the account.
- Assist with the management of multiples food concepts.
- Assists the Chef's with planning and creating menus for the concession's concepts
- Produces and execute events and outside events.
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
- Ensure Kitchen Safety and Sanitation conforms to all Sodexo Live! regulatory, and governmental standards to provide a safe workplace producing high quality food products.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary concessions team by example.
- Minimum of 2 years in a food preparation position.
- A.S. or equivalent experience
- Some progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences helpful
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.