Sous Chef I at Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex
Job Listing: Sous Chef I @ Sodexo Live!
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
Location: We are seeking an experienced Sous Chef l for the for the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex, Protective Football Stadium, and the Legacy Arena.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000 + Health benefits
The Convention Center Complex includes 220,000sqft Exhibition Hall, 100,000sqft in 74 Meeting rooms, 3,000 Seat Concert Hall, 1,000 Seat Theatre, a brand new 45,000 seat Football Stadium that features 36 suites and a 1,200-person club area. This stadium is home to UAB Football as well as other sporting events and concerts. The property also contains the Legacy Arena. The estimated revenue is $10 to $12 million a year.
With over $300M invested into these facilities they host Major Concerts, NCAA Basketball, and the 2022 World Games. Some stadium facts below.
Protective Football Stadium: Type of Events- 5 UAB football games, Birmingham Bowl plus other Events. 36 Suites, 1,700 person club, 47,000 capacity, 17 Concession Stands.
Legacy Arena: Type of Events- G-League Basketball, Concerts, College Basketball. 18,000 seat capacity. 12 suites, 2 Clubs, and 9 Concession Stands.
The Sous Chef l will assist, train, and manage culinary personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; select and develop recipes; standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation technique and quality standards; plan and price menus; ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure
proper safety and sanitation in kitchen. The Sous Chef will assist special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
- Lead the Culinary Management Team to manage all aspects of Food Preparation, Product
Handling, Equipment Utilization and Food Safety.
- Analyze Business Volume and Product Usage Daily.
- Participate in the Development and Implementation of Business Strategies.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer
service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 5 years in a culinary leadership position with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 years leading a culinary operation with at least 5 revenue centers.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- AOS or higher Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program or equivalent
- BA/BS Business or Hospitality Degree from an accredited college or university
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.