Sous Chef III at North Charleston Coliseum
- North Charleston, SC, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
Job Listing: Sous Chef III
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members.
Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Sous Chef III for North Charleston Coliseum located in Charleston, SC.
The North Charleston Coliseum is a 14,000-seat multi-purpose arena in North Charleston, South Carolina. It is part of the North Charleston Convention Center Complex, which also includes a Performing Arts Center, and is owned by the City of North Charleston and managed by SMG. The Coliseum was built in 1993 (the Performing Arts Center and Convention Center opened in 1999), and is located on the access road to the Charleston International Airport.
The Coliseum is home to the ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays professional ice hockey team and serves as an alternate home for the Charleston Southern University basketball team. It is the area's primary venue for concerts and other major indoor events expected to draw large crowds. The Coliseum is currently undergoing an expansion project intended to increase concourse space, provide additional points of sale, and create venues for banquets, receptions, and other smaller-scale events.
The Sous Chef III position is an hourly position and reports to a more senior Sous Chef or Executive Chef. It is the first level of supervision within a Sodexo Live! commercial kitchen, performing functions and responsibilities that require a minimal to moderate level of difficulty and a less sophisticated level of detail, experience and expertise and complexity than Sous Chef II or Sous Chef I. The Sous Chef III assures that foods are prepared using fundamental cooking techniques, seasoned for maximum taste and flavor, and served in an aesthetically pleasing manner.
The Sous Chef III directs some aspects of foodservice production and service, ensuring that approved food safety and sanitation guidelines are followed. With guidance, the Sous Chef III supervises the preparation and production of the unit's menus and manages a shift or station in the hot kitchen, the cold kitchen and/or the bakery and pastry shop.
The Sous Chef III assists in training, mentoring and helping to develop other Culinarians, and in monitoring and organizing the flow of activity within the kitchen in a way that complements and supports the overall operation.
- Participate as part of Culinary Leadership Team to supervise a culinary department for the preparation of foods served to the customers in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ensure Kitchen Safety and Sanitation conforms to all Sodexo Live!, regulatory, and governmental standards to provide a safe workplace producing high quality food products.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 2 years in a food preparation position.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program.
- ACF Professional Certification.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.