We believe in quality ingredients – and not just for our food. Our most valuable ingredient – the heart of our business – is you.
Sodexo is seeking a Sous Chef for Franciscan Children’s Hospital located in Brighton, MA. If you're a hands-on chef with leadership skills that set you apart, working at this location may be just right for you. In this role you will lead all food production efforts and report into the GM, while supervising a small team of cooks and food service workers. You would work one of two shifts, depending upon staffing needs, either 5:30am-2:00pm or 10:00am-6:30pm.
Since 1949, Franciscan Children’s has served children and adolescents with complex medical, mental health and educational needs. Located in Brighton, Massachusetts, it is an integral part of Boston’s important pediatric medical ecosystem. Many of the region’s top physicians and hospitals refer to Franciscan Children’s because of their unparalleled level of expertise.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting
- bring experience that includes team development and motivation to embrace culinary innovations
- ensure Sodexo culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a culinary background with experience they can showcase regarding staying current with culinary trends
- excellent leadership and communication skills, to foster effective relationships with leadership team, staff, and patients
- strong coaching and employee development skills
- Serv Safe certification
- have a passion for food and innovation
Learn more about Franciscan Children’s Hospital here: https://franciscanchildrens.org/
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Leads food preparation at one station of a foodservice operation (i.e., salads, soups). May supervise less than two full time employees.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.