We are the Communities we serve!
This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture. SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
Sodexo Live's! Airport Lounge Segment is hiring a Sous Chef at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport! This is a great opportunity to continue to build your culinary career growth in a large guest-focused hospitality venue! An oasis away from the airport hustle, our Delta Sky Clubs/Lounges have become synonymous for comfort and elegance at major airports throughout the world. Grow your culinary career! We are seeking candidates with prior culinary supervisory skills and hands-on food production experience to join our growing team.
We are seeking a Sous Chef with high-volume culinary experience and the ability to supervise and mentor culinary staff. Work schedule will require afternoon/evening flexibility (1pm-11pm) with either Sunday/Monday or Friday/Saturday off. This is an excellent opportunity to continue to build your culinary career in a hospitality-focused setting!
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems (Excel Spreadsheets).
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a supervisory culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent mentoring/leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- have the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes mid-day/evening (up to 11pm);
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
BENEFITS: Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs. **Paid airport parking.
Learn more about Sodexo Live! & Airline Lounges: Click Here
Away from the hustle and bustle of the airport, the airport lounges are dedicated spaces for elite passengers to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy chef created dishes or order from the full-service bar which serves premium wine and spirits.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Leads food preparation at one station of a foodservice operation (i.e., salads, soups). May supervise less than two full time employees.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.