Have a craving for a new culinary career? Look no further!
Sodexo has a new opening for a Sous Chef at The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB Health) located in League City, TX. League City's first hospital, UTMB delivers the finest inpatient and outpatient care for a variety of services - from top-notch orthopedic and rehabilitation specialists and advanced imaging and laboratory services.
The Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef with day-to-day kitchen operations to include ordering and inventory, menu planning, food preparation and cooking meals, and assisting with catering activities.
The successful candidate will:
- help implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for hospital
- work hands-on with the team to meet and exceed business needs
- supervise, develop, and mentor frontline staff and supervisors
- assist with procurement and purchasing
- help create menus based on client needs
- help create interpersonal relationships with clients and customers
We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background in a high-volume environment
- strong leadership skills and experience
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends
- proficient computer skills, highly organized, and detail-focused
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Leads food preparation at one station of a foodservice operation (i.e., salads, soups). May supervise less than two full time employees.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.