Special Events Social Catering Sales Manager at Miami Beach Convention Center
Job Listing: Special Events Social Catering Sales Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
Location: We are seeking an experienced Special Events Social Catering Sales Manager for the Miami Beach Convention Center.
Located in the heart of South Beach, the Miami Beach Convention Center (MBCC) boasts over 1,000,000 square feet of flexible space, including over 500,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space, over 100,000 sq. ft. of versatile pre-function area space and 70 meeting rooms comprised of 127,000 sq. ft. The dynamic and international City of Miami Beach is a unique, sophisticated, urban paradise, offering world-class business amenities and cosmopolitan facilities in a laid-back tropical atmosphere. Visitors of the Miami Beach Convention Center reap the benefits when they choose to meet in this city, where combining business with pleasure is as effortless as convening a conference on a waterfront terrace.
The Special Events Catering Sales Manager will be directly responsible for creating unique dining experiences by directing, selling, up-selling and actively participating in the planning and production of catered functions. In addition to selling the food and beverage, this role will also sell the event space at the Miami Beach Convention Center and Rum Room. Working closely with clients, as well as with the sales, culinary and operations staff, they are responsible for ensuring that events are coordinated and executed smoothly and in accordance with all client expectations and specifications.
The Special Events Catering Sales Manager will focus on the development, implementation and measurement of the revenue objectives contained within the unit's annual marketing plan. They will work with the Director of Catering Sales and manage all sales activities to meet revenue objectives and attain the top line financial forecast. This includes developing sales with existing business (forecasted group/local business) and executing strategies to develop new business.
The Special Events Catering Sales Manager will support the planning of and preparation for events according to anticipated attendance, and will provide hands-on management and oversight in the areas of service and F&B operations during events.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s catering revenue through creative sales techniques and customer focus.
- Provide leadership and direction to operations staff.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree in business, hotel/restaurant management or a related field, and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness.
- 5-7 years of catering sales experience, with at least 3-5 years in a management role.
- Prior experience in a similar venue with more than $5M in food and beverage sales.
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience.
- Must possess strong knowledge of food and wine for menu development.
- Must possess strong knowledge of food and beverage financials, operations procedures, controls and administration, as well as awareness and ability to perform all sales-related functions.
- Solid and proven track record for sales and leadership success.
- Tech savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.