Specialty Retail Supervisor
- DeKalb, IL, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
Job Listing: Specialty Retail Supervisor
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Specialty Retail Supervisor for Northern Illinois University located in Dekalb, Illinois.
Northern Illinois University's Convocation Center is a 10,000-seat multi-purpose arena, at 1525 W Lincoln Hwy, in DeKalb, Illinois, USA. The arena opened in 2002. This position will oversee multiple athletic venues including football, basketball and soccer with a focus on football and convocation center.
The Specialty Retail Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that guests receive an exceptional level of service within Sodexo Live!'s retail merchandise outlets by supervising merchandise staff at all points of sale and by assisting with merchandise-related needs within designated retail sales outlets. Assigned work areas may include permanent stands or mobile stands or kiosks, typically within a sporting venue, as well as in-venue retail stores and/or stand alone retail stores.
This individual will support Sodexo Live!'s goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality through the performance of a variety of activities geared toward the generation of retail sales, creating a consistently positive service experience, and creating an energized and positive work environment.
- Support Specialty Retail staff in providing outstanding service to all customers.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer sales transactions are adhered to.
- Ensure that work areas are maintained.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree, or combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience in a retail sales environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work well in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who typically visit the work location.
- Technology aptitude for working with POS and digital register.
- Strong skills for persuasive sales, with keen ability to connect easily with customers.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.