Steward Supervisor @ Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
Job Listing: Steward Supervisor
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Steward Supervisor for Indianapolis Zoo located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Indianapolis Zoo was the first to be triple accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums as a zoo, an aquarium and a botanic garden. Look for the AZA logo whenever you visit a zoo or aquarium to know you are supporting a facility dedicated to providing excellent care for animals, a great experience for you, and a better future for all living things.
The Steward Supervisor is supports the Culinary team. They are responsible for supervising primarily non-food production areas of the kitchen, to include the dish room, storage areas and other utility areas.
The Steward Supervisor serves as a right hand to the Executive Steward by leading shifts and directly supervising the stewarding crew and in some venues the Banquet Porters. They will assist in ensuring cleanliness and sanitation within the kitchen, maintenance of key equipment and the inventory, storage and distribution of the facility's supply of banqueting and service items such as silver, china, glassware and linen.
The Steward Supervisor assists in monitoring and organizing the flow of activity within the kitchen in a
way that complements and supports quality food preparation and service.
- Assist the Executive Steward in ensuring standards for health, safety, cleanliness and sanitation are maintained throughout Stewarding areas.
- Support overall food and beverage operations by participating as part of the Culinary Team; Provide supervision to the facility's Stewarding function and its staff members.
- Support the Executive Steward in controlling inventory, storage and distribution of supplies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience in a food service environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work well in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who
typically visit the work location.
- Technology aptitude for working with automated inventory system.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs. Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights,
weekends and holidays.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.