Stewards @ Lucas Oil Stadium
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 13.00 per hour
- Full Time & Part Time
Job Listing: Steward
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Steward for Lucas Oil Stadium located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Lucas Oil Stadium is a state-of-the-art retractable roof, multi-purpose facility seating over 67,000 fans while featuring spectacular views of the downtown Indianapolis skyline. Opened in 2008 as the home of the NFL's Indianapolis Colts, this facility already boasts an impressive resume having been named the 2009 Sports Facility of the Year by Street and Smith's SportsBusiness Journal and having their FieldTurf surface ranked as the NFL's best artificial surface in both 2009 and 2010. Lucas Oil Stadium is the site of Super Bowl XLVI, the 2011-2015 Big Ten Football Championship Games and the NCAA Men's Final Four Basketball Championship again in 2015 after first hosting this event in 2010.
Lucas Oil Stadium's unique features include its flexibility in design and ability to accommodate a multitude of events beyond NFL football and NCAA basketball, including concerts, national conventions, trade shows, IHSAA tournaments, international and national band competitions, and numerous other national and local amateur sports events. The seven-level stadium has more backstage space than any other NFL stadium with seven locker rooms, 11 indoor truck docks, 44,000 square feet of exhibit space and 12 meeting rooms. Weather permitting, the north operable window combines with the largest retractable roof in the NFL to truly give the spectator the feeling of being at an outdoor stadium. Tradeshows and conventions can utilize 183,000 square feet of exhibit space when merging the field and both exhibit halls. Lucas Oil Stadium also features two multi-level club lounges, 137 suites, retractable sideline seating, house reduction curtains, two HD video boards, 360 degree ribbon boards, spacious concourses and much more, all which allow the ease of welcoming any size event.
The Steward position is responsible for the proper washing and storage of china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, and other food service equipment items. They will utilize manual cleaning methods as well as automated machinery to maintain Sodexo Live!'s standards for cleanliness and sanitation.
This position exists in diverse work environments, such as restaurants, convention centers, sporting and events arenas and other Sodexo Live! entertainment-related venues where food and beverages are served.
The Steward will be knowledgeable of and responsible for upholding Sodexo Live! standards for proper food handling and sanitation, as well as OSHA standards and MSDS guidelines.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to teamwork and service.
- Support operation by cleaning dishes, glassware, pot, pans, silverware, racks and any other items needed by food service and culinary staff, and/or as requested by Chef or Executive Steward.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Uphold safe work practices at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work well in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used by supervisors and co-workers.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.