Suites Supervisor - Winnipeg, Manitoba
Job Listing: Suites Supervisor
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking a Suite Supervisor for the Canada Life Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Canada Life Centre is an indoor sports arena and entertainment venue in downtown Winnipeg. The arena is the home of the Winnipeg Jets of the National Hockey League and the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League.
Canada Life Centre was designed with the fan in mind. Every seat, every sightline, every concession area and every full-color video display has been engineered to provide the ultimate fan experience. We've done our best to create a place where fans can enjoy themselves and we hope you will do just that.
Premium suites provide premium seating opportunities within sporting arenas and other such entertainment venues. Luxury suites are typically owned by individuals or corporations and usually include private dining/reception areas, theater-type seating, flat screen monitors, Internet access and other amenities not found in standard seating sections.
The Suite Supervisor will ensure the suite teams' is effective in providing a premium atmosphere for suite guests by ensuring that all suites are clean, orderly, and well attended to, and that all food and beverage items are provided according to selected ala carte or buffet-style menus. The Suite Supervisor will ensure all attendants stock and set up the suite prior to guests' arrival and will provide the highest levels of service and personal attention throughout the game or event. Additionally, the Suite Supervisor will assist in other opening and closing duties within the department.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to suites events.
- Contributes to the efficient operation of business; ensures all aspects of suites operations and events are completed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Smart Choices Certificate, Manitoba's responsible alcohol service training.
- Age 18 or older.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits and familiarity with standard drink recipes.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement and pass on written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team leadership and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work well in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Technology aptitude for working with Microsoft Office, POS and digital register.
- Strong skills for persuasive sales, with keen ability to connect easily with customers.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in weight (storage bins, shelves). Must be able to maneuver in an often tightly quartered environment.
- Hours are often extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live! however, only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other applicable provincially protected status.