Unit Controller 2
Your proven track record yields strong financial performance and sustainable initiatives. You’re ready for the next challenge.
Sodexo is seeking an Unit Controller for Paterson Public Schools located in Paterson, NJ. Our successful candidate will have expert analytical skills along with a demonstrated history with a successful accounting. This candidate will have a tremendous amount of training and help when coming into the role.
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in "quality of life solutions" around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin "Magic" Johnson himself click here.
This is a Unit Controller position, and will provide unit finance support weekly Revenue/Expense projections, budget process and reviews, forecast updates, period close, and ad hoc reporting (daily, weekly and monthly). This position will serve as the primary point of contact for unit finance projections, questions and concerns. Responsible for ensuring AR, AP and budgeting are in compliance with Sodexo standards. Must be very comfortable with excel, and other various office programs and spreadsheets. Ensures weekly and monthly operating reports are completed as well as monthly analysis of those results.
The successful candidate will:
- manage monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and reconciliation of the activities of current and future contracts as assigned per contract terms;
- conduct monthly analysis of financial performance of clients or contracts assigned;
- work with Supply Managers and National Account Executives (NAE) to ensure all client volume is being received;
- interact with all levels of management including NAE of each program, Regional Account Managers, corporate finance, Financial Service Center personnel as well as with the external clients for the contracts the analyst manages;
- conduct client or contract specific reporting and analysis; and/or
- conduct ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- attention to detail;
- demonstrate strong Excel skills
- union experience is a plus
- have effective communication skills (written & verbal);
- succeed in a team environment;
- are customer service oriented;
- have strong finance knowledge, as well as strong research and analytical skills;
- adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently;
- demonstrate excellent organizational skills;
- can manage competing priorities and deadlines; and/or
- generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance and processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity with contracts is a plus
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Healthcare, Schools, Campus Services, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Finance jobs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for one or more accounts/units. Includes accounts payable/receivable, budget, payroll, reporting, inventory, chargebacks, etc. Performs trend analysis to assist decision making.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.