Are you a detail oriented person. You analyze and review financial data for maximum efficiencies, uncovering trends that impact the bottom line.
Sodexo Corporate Services is seeking a Staff Account in North Phoenix, Arizona. This position will manage accounting and financial matters and provide oversight to drive financial performance.
This position can be hybrid with 3 days in the office in North Phoenix and 2 days at a home office
This Staff Account will provide unit finance support for weekly flash projections, participation in final budget reviews, forecast updates, period close, and ad hoc reporting (daily, weekly and monthly). This Staff Account will serve as the primary point of contact for unit on finance projections, questions and concerns. Ensures weekly and monthly financial reports are completed for our clients and as well as monthly analysis of those results and detailed variance explanations are submitted within specific deadlines.
The Staff Account will:
- Calculating the weekly and monthly financials
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assisting with the month-end closing process
- AP and AR
- Weekly client financial meeting and invoice review
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- pay attention to detail
- demonstrate strong Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, modeling) required; Access database knowledge preferred
- have effective communication skills
- are customer service oriented
- demonstrate excellent organizational skills
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. The diversity of Sodexo’s client services means that your financial career can grow in a variety of directions. Whether you want to support corporate finances or support
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for large multi-size national account or a large complex single location account
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls. Train accountants and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the zero harm mindset
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.