Unit Controller 3
Your proven track record yields strong financial performance and sustainable initiatives. You’re ready for the next challenge.
Sodexo Campus Services is seeking an experienced Unit Controller 3 for our Showcase Account at Creighton University located in Omaha, NE. The Unit Controller will provide unit finance support for a large complex account with over 15 cost centers, will provide weekly projections as well as participate in final budget reviews, forecast updates, period close, and other office manager duties
The successful candidate will:
- have previous Sodexo Financial experience or other contract management background.
- ensure integrity of business line internal financial reporting, prepare client income statements and billings;
- work in a team environment to ensure department deadlines are met;
- work proactively to prevent problems, and identify and implement innovative solutions;
- set analysis standards and provide guidance to accountants to maintain strong business relationships;
- maintain company databases as necessary;
- identify and initiate coaching for accountant development. Provide guidance to new accountants;
- coach and monitor results for technical development of others;
- foster cooperation toward achieving department and organizational goals; and/or
- communicate with all levels of the organization.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- work independently and demonstrate organization and comprehension skills;
- have the ability to perform and maintain core responsibilities/accountabilities while simultaneously involved in other department initiatives;
- demonstrate analytical ability, Excel skills and Essbase experience; and/or
- have strong interpretation skills, as well as strong verbal & written communication skills.
To learn more about Sodexo at Creighton University - visit:
Sound like the opportunity you have been seeking? APPLY TODAY and join the Sodexo Team at Creighton University!
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Finance jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. The diversity of Sodexo’s client services means that your financial career can grow in a variety of directions. Whether you want to support corporate finances or support unit-level financials, you can build your career based on your interests in the varied services Sodexo offers its clients.
#controller #finance #budget #diversity #dei #worklifebalance #veteran
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for large multi-size national account or a large complex single location account
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls. Train accountants and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the zero harm mindset
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.