Unit Controller 3
Sodexo is seeking an Unit Controller - Campus Dining Services for University of New Haven located in West Haven, CT. Our successful candidate will have expert analytical skills along with a demonstrated history with a successful accounting. This candidate will have a tremendous amount of training and help when coming into the role.
This position is supported by a District Controller, and senior financial department staff, and a General Manager with a Financial acumen background.
This is a Unit Controller position, and will provide unit finance support weekly Revenue/Expense projections, budget process and reviews, forecast updates, period close, and ad hoc reporting (daily, weekly and monthly). This position will serve as the primary point of contact for unit finance projections, questions and concerns. Responsible for ensuring AR, AP and budgeting are in compliance with Sodexo standards. Must be very comfortable with Excel, and other various office programs and spreadsheets. Experience with CBORD or similar programs is beneficial. Ensures weekly and monthly operating reports are completed as well as monthly analysis of those results.
The successful candidate will:
- manage monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and reconciliation of the activities of current and future contracts as assigned per contract terms;
- conduct monthly analysis of financial performance of clients or contracts assigned;
- work with Supply Managers and National Account Executives (NAE) to ensure all client volume is being received;
- interact with all levels of management including NAE of each program, Regional Account Managers, corporate finance, Financial Service Center personnel as well as with the external clients for the contracts the analyst manages;
- conduct client or contract specific reporting and analysis; and/or
- conduct ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- attention to detail;
- demonstrate strong Excel skills
- union experience is a plus
- have effective communication skills (written & verbal);
- succeed in a team environment;
- are customer service oriented;
- have strong finance knowledge, as well as strong research and analytical skills;
- adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently;
- demonstrate excellent organizational skills;
- can manage competing priorities and deadlines; and/or
- generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance and processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity with contracts is a plus
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Healthcare, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Finance jobs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for large multi-size national account or a large complex single location account
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls. Train accountants and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the zero harm mindset
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.