Your future is InReach!
Sodexo is seeking a Vending Manager for InReach located in San Antonio, Texas.
Join our mission to transform the convenience industry by putting people first and obsessing about extraordinary food and drinks. We just can’t bear the thought of being boring. We like to have fun and be a bit quirky. We work in a buzzword-free zone. We look for what’s new, what’s next, and what the future holds…we invite you to be part of our exciting future. Valid Drivers License is required.
With InReach, you get to be a hero to clients and guests every day. We’re all about phenomenal service and technology that fosters everyone’s trust.
Our culture is to do the right thing – always. We are a diverse group, and we are all about inclusion, wellness, sustainability and supporting local partners. Reducing single-use plastics, feeding the hungry, responsible sourcing, community assistance, and using products and ingredients with a lower carbon footprint – it’s all part of who we are, and it’s embedded in our daily actions.
The successful candidate will:
- Assists in driver check in and check out and order preparation
- Assists warehouse personnel in receiving deliveries and picking and issuing products to vending routes
- Monitors daily meter and inventory accountability activity at machine level, and inventory accountability at truck level
- Trains route drivers in using handheld scanners, making minor machine repairs, following security procedures with respect to money and inventory, as well as other defined training programs
- Performs route driver duties when necessary
- Conducts ride-alongs with drivers to ensure compliance with Company procedures and policies
- Inspect trucks to monitor their cleanliness, compliance to truck plan-o-grams, safety and mechanical condition
- Inspects vending machines for compliance to plan-o-grams, proper inventory levels, cleanliness and product freshness
- Assists in development or modifications of route schedules
- Collaborates with other departments to improve business processes and efficiencies
- Champions a safety-focused work environment to reduce/eliminate work-related accidents and injuries
- Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, coaching and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; assessing skills; rewarding or recommending disciplinary actions for employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues; escalate matters appropriately to Vending or Branch Manager
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree, preferred
- 3 or more years of relevant route experience
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- An effective communicator and collaborator, with passion for developing talent
- Must be able to demonstrate urgency and problem-solving skills, and a dedication to customer service
- Ability to work with database inventory management software, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Mechanical skills and ability to operate manual and industrial equipment such as a pallet jacks and forklifts
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs. and able to perform work in outside weather conditions
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in the service industry
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.