Vice President, Facilities Operations
The Vice President of Facility Operations is an entrepreneurial and highly empowered role which owns the P&L, delivers results and innovation, and draws from a well-established global service network to deliver world class solutions for our client. This leader will excel at building client relationships, team leadership, and have a deep understanding of Integrated Facilities Management within a contracted services model in a manufacturing and dispersed portfolio environment.
This role will lead a team of Integrated Facilities Management specialists who manage 17 US sites for one of our manufacturing clients who is going through an organizational change. This role will be critical in creating cost savings initiatives, developing KPIs and leading the team to adhere and deliver cost savings for our client.
This is a remote-based role with frequent travel (50%-60%) to client sites. Prefer candidate to be based out of Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota.
The current scope of services for this portfolio includes technical services in engineering, HVAC, general maintenance, janitorial, and utilities. Other FM services provided by third-party providers are also included in the scope of services.
Leads Integrated Facilities Management operations of buildings/properties at multiple sites across multiple regions within the US. Leads the integration of Sodexo policies, processes, and procedures within the client organization to drive commitment to SLAs and KPIs for in scope services, which support and improve the effectiveness of the client’s core business. Functions as a partner with the client to assure all corporate and local requirements are incorporated into day-to-day activities. At the organizational level, contributes to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives by reducing facility costs, improving productivity, generating revenue capacity, and enhancing the image of the entire organization. Ensures a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. Often coordinates and/or oversees contracted services, which may include third-party providers as well as minor and major construction projects. Along with the management of the hard services, VPFO manages other core Sodexo services and/or logistics of business/operations services, as appropriate.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures a safe work environment for employees through the integration of safe working practices in all work procedures, performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining on-going communications with employees. May be responsible for in-house fire response team. May be responsible for the in-house safety committee.
- Executes strategic plan by implementing short and long-term goals that align with the agreed scope of service, mission, and values.
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data, operating reports, budget variance reports, and other appropriate financial information to monitor attainment of financial goals; provides monthly and quarterly updates to the client and Sodexo senior management.
- Accesses financial risk and opportunities of the account and communicates results to the client and Sodexo senior management; initiates action plans as necessary.
- Maintains a professional business relationship with the client by negotiating contracts and matters pertaining to account operations.
- Ensures implementation of the business plan for the client that establishes a rapport, promotes partnership, and fulfills the clients’ needs and expectations.
- Provides leadership in the preventive maintenance, proactive repair, and addressing reactive repair issues using skilled trades personnel, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical; oversees maintenance of property infrastructure, e.g., building, roofing, parking lot, for the scope within the contract; maintains vigilant to reduce scope creep.
- Directs or manages any client renovations and/or constructions projects as per the requirements of the MSA and local contract agreements.
- Directs regulatory preparation, physical plant troubleshooting, and project management as per the requirements of the MSA and local contract agreements.
- Directs equipment and systems replacement or upgrades; directs the evaluation of condition and function of building utility systems to determine needs and priorities for capital funding requests; ensures building code compliance, proper installation, and design practices for systems associated with minor or major maintenance and renovation projects as per the requirements of the MSA and local contract agreements.
- Provides direction and oversight for the development and implementation of an overall emergency management strategy; directs liaison between the client and regulatory agencies and/or authorities including building code compliance; directs and ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory and governing agencies.
- Directs and oversees building maintenance for equipment and spaces that are identified in the scope of work, such as operation of steam distribution systems, air conditioning and heating systems, building automatic control systems, water distribution, fire protection, sanitary and storm sewer operations, piped medical gases, electrical distribution and central utility plants for steam and chilled water, general building maintenance and repair as well as janitorial to support the overall condition of the buildings and spaces; provides oversight and management of third-party providers for utilities operations; looks to insource scope (if appropriate) from third-party providers to provide cost savings and risk reduction
- Communicates with client administrative and supervisory staff as well as external groups, agencies, contractors, architects, and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate, and communicate programs, services, policies, and procedures.
- Manages work performance and prepares and/or reviews performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Develops staff and provides opportunities for career growth.
Is this the right opportunity for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Facilities Management, Engineering or related field preferred.
- 10 or more years of management experience in ever increasing roles over multiple sites.
- Demonstrated experience driving cost savings initiatives managing different contract types; Cost Plus, GMP, Fixed, P&L in a contracted services model.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing sites and GMP.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding.
- Computer savvy with excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal, and written/verbal communications.
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
- Experience with all levels of employees and clients, including a strong executive presence and presentation skills.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 10 years
Basic Functional Experience - 10 years of multi-unit, support, or strategic leadership experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $141,300 to $213,730/year
$141300 to $213730
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 971184