Vice President of Hospitality
*SIGN ON BONUS FOR THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY AT TULANE!*
Sodexo, at Tulane University, in New Orleans, Louisiana, has a very exciting opportunity for a Vice President of Hospitality position. Competitive Salary Relocation and Sign-On Bonus are available.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-driven individual to utilize their leadership skills and demonstrate their ability to build a formidable team, deliver operational and financial excellence and establish strong relationships with our client-partners to assist in the growth and retention of their business. Our successful candidates will have strong financial acumen, talent management, communication skills and front-line leadership, in addition to a demonstrated track record of developing strong client relationships using innovative solutions.
Tulane University is a large, long-standing, high-profile, Sodexo account with an award-winning dining program. Our leader will be responsible for managing the newly renovated resident dining and retail hub on campus which will include retail, catering, and concessions services.
New Orleans is world-renowned for its distinctive music, Creole cuisine, unique dialects, and its annual celebrations and festivals, most notably Mardi Gras. The historic heart of the city is the French Quarter, known for its French and Spanish Creole architecture and vibrant nightlife along Bourbon Street. The city has been described as the "most unique" in the United States, with a vibrant cross-cultural and multilingual heritage.
Your responsibilities include:
- Working closely with various clients to ensure innovation and creative solutions lead positive Sodexo and client outcomes
- Coordinating and directing all activities including financial performance, client retention, policy compliance, and employee training and development
- Working with clients and SVP in all matters relating to contract and account operations in order to establish and maintain a mutually beneficial business relationship that ensures account retention
- Developing a business plan and budget for the assigned accounts in conjunction with the account GM’s
- Delivering and maintaining strong financial results
You need to have:
- Ability to develop strategic plans
- Ability to work in partnership with Sodexo resources
- Knowledge of current trends and innovations to drive client value
- Focus on delivering excellence to the student, faculty, and staff population
- Effective communication skills and ability to interact from frontline
- Track record demonstrating strong leadership skills
- Financial and creative problem-solving acumen
- Ability to build and develop a formidable team
- Strong organizational skills
- Client relationship skills
- Business development skills to identify and successfully target growth opportunities among existing clients
Is this the job for you? The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- At least 5 years of experience in a high-level management position, focused in a university, campus or higher education environment required
- Experience working with at least $15 million in managed volume or multi-account experience
- A strong background in university dining programs
- Excellent relationship-building and team-building skills
- MBA preferred
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, healthcare and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
The Client Executive (Single) has overall leadership and responsibility for client relationships, oversight of the assigned contract/s (or a service related portion of that contract), and Sodexo success of a single client organization with multiple sites and either single or multiple services. Has direct accountability for operational excellence - achieved by delivering on our contractual obligations and our service commitments that are: Predictable, Reliable, and Repeatable.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 7 years
Basic Functional Experience - 7 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.