Vice President of Hospitality
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
*RELOCATION FOR THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY!*
SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
SodexoMAGIC has a very exciting opportunity for a Vice President of Hospitality position to support our dining services for the Chicago metropolitan area.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-driven individual to utilize their leadership skills and demonstrate their ability to build a formidable team, deliver operational and financial excellence and establish strong relationships with our client-partners to assist in the growth and retention of their business.
Our successful candidates will have strong financial acumen, talent management, communication skills and front-line leadership, in addition to a demonstrated track record of developing strong client relationships using innovative solutions. This leader will be responsible for managing high volume retail, catering, and dining services.
Your responsibilities include:
- Working closely with various clients to ensure innovation and creative solutions lead positive Sodexo and client outcomes
- Coordinating and directing all activities including financial performance, client retention, policy compliance, and employee training and development
- Working with clients and SVP in all matters relating to contract and account operations in order to establish and maintain a mutually beneficial business relationship that ensures account retention
- Developing a business plan and budget for the assigned accounts in conjunction with the account GM’s
- Delivering and maintaining strong financial results
You need to have:
- Ability to develop strategic plans
- Ability to work in partnership with Sodexo resources
- Knowledge of current trends and innovations to drive client value
- Focus on delivering excellence to the student, faculty, and staff population
- Effective communication skills and ability to interact from frontline
- Track record demonstrating strong leadership skills
- Financial and creative problem-solving acumen
- Ability to build and develop a formidable team
- Strong organizational skills
- Client relationship skills
- Business development skills to identify and successfully target growth opportunities among existing clients
Is this the job for you? The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- At least 5 years of experience in a high-level management position, focused in a university, campus or higher education environment required
- Experience working with at least $20 million in managed volume or multi-account experience
- A strong background in diverse/high volume dining programs
- Excellent relationship-building and team-building skills
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, healthcare and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
The Client Executive (Single) has overall leadership and responsibility for client relationships, oversight of the assigned contract/s (or a service related portion of that contract), and Sodexo success of a single client organization with multiple sites and either single or multiple services. Has direct accountability for operational excellence - achieved by delivering on our contractual obligations and our service commitments that are: Predictable, Reliable, and Repeatable.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 7 years
Basic Functional Experience - 7 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.