Your future is InReach!
Sodexo is seeking a Warehouse Manager for InReach located in San Antonio, TX.
Join our mission to transform the convenience industry by putting people first and obsessing about extraordinary food and drinks. We just can’t bear the thought of being boring. We like to have fun and be a bit quirky. We work in a buzzword-free zone. We look for what’s new, what’s next, and what the future holds…we invite you to be part of our exciting future.
With InReach, you get to be a hero to clients and guests every day. We’re all about phenomenal service and technology that fosters everyone’s trust.
Our culture is to do the right thing – always. We are a diverse group, and we are all about inclusion, wellness, sustainability and supporting local partners. Reducing single-use plastics, feeding the hungry, responsible sourcing, community assistance, and using products and ingredients with a lower carbon footprint – it’s all part of who we are, and it’s embedded in our daily actions.
- Responsible for the short and long-term leadership & management of warehouse operations and staff, the execution of replenishment both inbound and outbound, and employee safety
- Plans layout of warehouse and storage areas, monitors transactions, assists in equipment decisions, maintains building facilities, and responsible for product security in the warehouse
- Maintains and analyzes data and scorecards of key performance metrics to continuously improve inventory control
- Responsible for training and implementation of HACCP protocol
- Oversees and/or administers forklift training, product picking activities, product mapping, product return, and waste management
- Participates in the review, ongoing development and implementation of standard operating procedures that align with company objectives and goals
- Champions continuous improvement processes
- Collaborate with other departments and participates in cross-functional projects to improve business processes and efficiencies
- Champions a safety-focused work environment to reduce/eliminate work-related accidents and injuries
- Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, coaching and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; assessing skills; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues
- 5 or more years of related experience with warehouse management, inventory management, and receiving and distribution processes
- Strong change management skills with ability to learn and implement Lean Manufacturing Principles and Concepts
- Demonstrated skill as an effective leader, communicator and collaborator; passion for developing talent
- Ability to work with database inventory management software, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word are required
- Must be able to demonstrate urgency and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs and able to perform work in outside weather conditions
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
The Warehouse Manager, including management of all departments involved in forecasting, materials planning and procurement of inventory to maintain budgeted inventory turns and fill rates for all domestic and international markets in a dynamic direct marketing environment with third party manufacturing and fulfilment. Directs the strategic development of supply chain into a competitive advantage in the market.
- Directs and supervises the work of Supply Chain department through the selection of approved staff, training and appraisal of subordinates, recommendation of associated personnel actions, definition of individual and group responsibilities, determination of priorities and deadlines, evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of the units work and initiation of changes or corrections to programs or processes when appropriate to insure the quality and consistency of services and efficient utilization of manpower.
- Evaluates staffing requirements and make recommendations for increase or decrease to staff size.
- Assist with shipping activities including storing incoming merchandise and assembling customer orders for delivery, truck transportation to economically ship product, submission of reports for warehousing, shipping and receiving functions
- Communicates company policies and procedures; maintains good employee relations, safety and training.
- Establishes operational procedures for incoming and outgoing shipments and maintenance of warehouse inventory.
- Prepares, submits and adheres to departmental budgets and objectives
- Plans and allocates storage space to maintain balanced inventories for shipping purposes.
- Manages the finished goods inventory.
- Assures compliance with all governmental transportation statutes and regulations
- Collaborates with Sales, Operations and Purchasing for receiving and shipping of products and ingredients.
- Assist with daily distribution, as well as strategic planning, budgeting, enabler identification and execution.
- Develop and maintains rapport with employees at all levels of the organization to drive results. Must interface effectively with multiple departments/functions in the sites, as well as Corporate.
Work with Quality Assurance to qualify and monitor manufacturers’ regional vendors and their practices:
- For compliance to Company policy.
- Identify opportunities for reducing the “total cost” of a product line or regional vendor.
- Manage corporate specifications through regional vendors.
- Conduct business with vendors to review performance to the contract and identify future business opportunities.
- Exercise sound business judgment and high ethical standards when conducting business on behalf of Sodexo Remote Sites.
- Supervises our facilities in the warehouse.
- Oversees the preventative maintenance, repairs and running costs of all facilities managed.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.