We are seeking Food Service Galley Workers for our Washington State Ferries
- Bremerton, WA, USA
- 20.00 per hour Starting at $20.00/hr. + tips
- Base + Tips
- Full Time & Part Time
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A FUN JOB IN HOSPITALITY, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members.
Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking Food Service Galley Workers for our Washington State Ferries.
No experience? No problem! If you are a positive person who enjoys engaging others, we will teach you the techniques required to be a successful team member of Sodexo Live! Already have a passion for food and beverage - Excellent! Come discover how your career can continue to grow and thrive as part of one of the largest and most successful food and beverage companies in the world!
Washington State Ferries operates the largest ferry system in the United States. Twenty-one ferries cross Puget Sound and its inland waterways, carrying more than 22 million passengers to 20 different ports of call. From Tacoma, Washington, to Sidney, British Columbia, we travel up and down the Sound, acting as a marine highway for commercial users, tourists and daily commuters alike. The fleet is a major tourist attraction and icon of Washington state.
Food Service Galley Workers
Starting at $20.00/hr. + tips
The Food Service Galley Worker takes a key role among fellow associates in providing fast and efficient service to Sodexo Live! customers. They will assist supervisors and managers in organizing service of a variety of pre-made or made fresh-to-order snacks, beverages, and entrée items from Sodexo Live! and using a point of sale (Pos) register.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- MAST Class 12 alcohol permit (Must be 21 years old to obtain)
- WA Food Handler's card
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) prior to working on a Washington State Ferry.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability work well in a high stress, fast paced environment
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who typically visit the work location
- Technology aptitude for working with POS and digital register
- Strong skills for providing guest service with keen ability to connect easily with customers
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs. Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Other requirements include but are not limited to: Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly quartered environment.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.